Coral Vue Hydros

could someone please identify?

presston

powerofslack

Hard to see in the pic but if they're mostly sort of vaguely teapot shaped with exactly two holes per little blob, like membranous with nothing substantial looking inside, those are probably little tunicates- they're filter feeders that don't bother anyone; they'll grow a lot if you feed em some DT's and not too much if you don't, probably.

Thanks for the replys.

powerofslack: your discription seems accurate, I like the way they look so I guess I'll keep them. :)

Crakeur: As far as fish and inverts go, I have a yellow striped goby, clownfish, sally light foot, sand star, and some snails.

Ascidiacean, known commonly as sea squirts or tunicates. These invertabrates are rather odd in that they belong to the phylum Chordata which is the home to all vertabrates on the planet. For more on this, refer to Ron Shimek's article at http://www.animalnetwork.com/fish2/aqfm/19.../wb/default.asp. All ascidiaeans are sessile, benthic-dwelling suspension feeders. There are three different "groups" of tunicates: colonial, social, and solitary. Due to their pelagic feeding requirements, they are difficult to keep alive in aquaria.

Archived