Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Really Dumb LFS Person

Quincyman

Ok peeps I had about the best buying experience this weeken. I went to a LFS ( which by the way is a natinal chain store) just to see what hey had in stock. Some really pretty greenstar polyps caught my eye. While looking at the tank some one was in the process of buying a leather coral from the same tank. The girl that was geeting the coral seemed to be a little confused as to what se awas doing. So I waited until she seemed to " re-boot" then asked her the price of the green stars. Her response, oh that pretty "purple rock" ( the polyps had gone into their tubes from being moved around) , so in my best "dumb ass voice" yeah that rock. To make a long story short I ended up with two realy populated rock containing green star polyps for get this. $9 total.

Go support your local fish store

hehe, my old man picked up a huge rock, loaded with ricordia yuma polyps (ten to 15 plus lots of babies) last night. The rock was labled pimply mushrooms and he got it for less than $3 a shroom

I'm actually going back tonight. I checked the receipt and the old man paid $20 bucks for the rock with all those yumas. Granted, he gets a huge discount because he is friends with the owner but, even the full price was low. They marked it at $45 for the rock. A good deal for the off the street shopper, a steal for the old man.

Baby hippo tangs? $10, baby purple tangs, $10.

I hope they have some decent livestock tonight

This is the northeast, drdrew: we tend not to take much offense on that sort of thing, as long as we're still making a buck and pawning off a "special favor" for a "friend"..

Besides, the guy gives just him a break off of his normal, stated asking prices, so he's not exactly stealing it. Believe me, if you saw what the real wholesale prices were for these fish, you'd swallow your tongue.

digitallinx

i had an experience or maybe two at a local petland discount, yhey sold me a medium sized fighting conch for $1.65, i told them it was a snail and they believed it. Hey Crakeur where in new york is the discount plus........

well, I don't want you to get to em first.

I will tell you it isn't new world. that place is not one I frequent. although, on manhattanreefs.com there is a story of someone snagging some shroom or polyp rock for some low price, like $3.49 or something. must have been a mistake. I don't think they sell anything for less than 15 bucks there.

Archived