Cultivated Reef

Clams

rhinoivory

I want to keep a bright very small clam as my centre peice. Would I be pushing my luck if I buy a small crocea, put it under 6 watts, and as it grows larger swap it in for a smaller one? If I decide to keep the clam in my tank, would it just die, or could it acclimatise the lower light? I heard their mantle extends, but I havent heard of any specific deaths from low lights...... Any information would be highly valued,

Don

NanoReefer53

My LFS has a 7g bow front with a baby squamosa in there. The lighting on that is 2x28. With occasional feedings of DT's, it's doing fine for over 2 months now. The weirdest thing though is it loves the shade. Everytime she (worker) moves the clam back to the light it crawls back under the shade and he stuck his foot down tight.

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to purchase better lights then. Would I be better off buying 4 no's for a 10 gallon, or purchaqsing a 75 watt Metal halide and one NO? We dont have PC's in Australia, statements show that they will be available in the next few years.

MH is the best..but with such small tank..be careful on the heat..you need a very good ventlation system...cuz those suckers get HOT!  but i would use 2 32W PC or 2 55W...its up to you..

I now have a Maxima Ultra 3" in my 40g..with 2 96W PC..and it seems to be happy and opening up...i use a serenge to feed it with DT..it opens right u for it

Archived