Top Shelf Aquatics

LED light review

supernip

How does the LED shimmer affect compare to MH?

If I have 96w PC lighting and 2 LED(blue) on at the sametime, is there a very noticable shimmer affect or does the PC cancel out the LED completely?

my 32W pc already killed my 2 blue LED, each rated at 6000mcd(kind of high for blue), so I am pretty sure u won't even notice anything there with the 96W

Salty,

These LEDs use some sort of 'halogen technology' to produce such a high output froma semiconductor. A search for Lumileds will take you to the manufacture's site and sort of explain.

champkeeper: Your Partialy right. However....;) That was not my question. I guess is is a multiple question's ummmm.. question. LOL! In his/her post's with the pic's on the 1st page is a pic with a descriptionof how the "halogen" and the "LEDS" look together. My question was what color temp is the halogen and where did him/her find a halogen bulb in the right spectrum of 6.5k or better. As far as I know they are none existant.

It was just a picture of a halogen shinning in the tank. No halogen on earth is anywhere near usable for our tanks. None, zip, zero, nada!

He was using it to light up the tank for picture taking a bit more.

Can we see how the lights are setup on the tank? I want to get a set but have issues if its compatible with my setup. What options are available and price?

Please don't take any offense to my opinion, and BTW, that review was very well done. However, it sounds like a sales pitch to me!

supernip, LEDS sound great, but for moonlights only (IMO).

I would have to agree with DarkDevil:

"IMO, LEDs are too weak compare to any lights that are design for the aquarium, you can only use it as moonlight or simulate sunrise/sunset, but if you want it as a main light or a suppliment light, I think it's too weak, I don't know, but just looking at the spec and stuffs, I just don't think it can...."

It will be interesting to see what the use of white and similarly colored LEDs will be abel to offer us in the way of improved aquarium lighting in the next few years. They'll consume a lot less power, take up less space, give off almost no heat and ast at least 50 times longer than anything we're using now. LEDs can now be made in almost any color imagineable, and some can even be made to change seamlessly across the spectrum! It will be amazing to watch this trend develop.

Please don't take any offense to my opinion, and BTW, that review was very well done. However, it sounds like a sales pitch to me!

supernip, LEDS sound great, but for moonlights only (IMO).  

Well let's see.... hmmm didn't I say this was new stuff and always thought to be only for moonlighting? So why are you arguing statistics to actual results? I also said I haven't had it long? But yes, it works. My tank has been doing great. It's not for everyone but it definitely has its advantages. As to whether you buy it or not, it's not really my problem. That's just my take on it.

XOXO

Hey NIP,

:*( Relax don't do it. I must have missed something in your intro. I'm sorry if my response was a little off. I'm just a noob trying to figure things out. alright? okay then.. peace.

• 6 years later...

Archived