SaltCritters.com

Super Glue seeming to hold just fine.....

swordfish

I got some new corals late last week and I guess lucky for me they were attached to rock fragments when I got them, so all I had to really do to place them was glue the small rock chips they were already attached to larger poeces of LR in my tank.

This was my first real experience using superglue for mounting corals and I have to say I was pretty impressed. On two of them I removed the LR from the tank, then dabbed dry the piece the frag was on and the rock as well and then glued away. It took only a few seconds for the bond to form. Then I put the glue on the rock fragments of a few others and just reached into the water and stuck them were I wanted them (one at a time of course) to the LR, those ones were essentially glued all underwater. The bond formed just as quick and solidly. So far they all seem to be holding fast. The funny thing is that superglue is not immune to water, it is water soluble and the bond, when exposed to moisture, will weaken and eventually fail. But I've been pretty impressed so far. Maybe it doesn't do that in salt water or something. Hmmm.

Jeff

Archived