ReefCleaners.org

What are these zoa's and is this a pink mili?

Urchinhead

Urchinhead

Thank you for taking the time to help out...

Ok I think i know what kind of blue zoa's these are but it would be a big help if someone could confirm it for me...

I think the big blue rock zoa's are Olaudah Equiano

And the two small red/blue dot/green frill zoa's are watermelons

And lastly the sps is a pink mili.

Am I right?

th_bigblue51808.jpg

th_bluewatermelon51808.jpg

th_pinkaqndbluemili51808.jpg

Urchinhead
Those first zoas also look like Tubs Blue's....

Bit small for Tub's aren't they? I thought Tub's were bigger sized...?

Bit small for Tub's aren't they? I thought Tub's were bigger sized...?

Tubs are normal zoa sized, but bright blue. The ones in your pics from Steve are almost exactly like the ones I used to have. I wasn't really able to positively ID them. I currently have a few tubs, and the blue is very much different. Here's a pic of the blue colony I had...

Urchinhead
not tubs, tubs are extremely blue. Second reds ones are watermelons. third is a pink millie thats bleaching.

Thank you.

Bleaching?!?! Are you sure? Feeding tentacles are extending daily and it looked to me like growth as its limited to the tips...

Tubs are normal zoa sized, but bright blue. The ones in your pics from Steve are almost exactly like the ones I used to have. I wasn't really able to positively ID them. I currently have a few tubs, and the blue is very much different. Here's a pic of the blue colony I had...

Thank you. Thats exactly what I got as well. I am pretty sure they are Olaudah Equiano based on the photos on zoaid... Why do these darn things sell for $4-$5 per head? Seriously, why?

Those first zoas also look like Tubs Blue's....

from what i am seeing, they are not tubs. wrong mouths. some have white in the center of the blue. so tre blues are kinda out of the question.

ALSO. the blue looks kind of like a lighter blue color than the dark blues of the true blues.

Thank you.

Bleaching?!?! Are you sure? Feeding tentacles are extending daily and it looked to me like growth as its limited to the tips...

Thank you. Thats exactly what I got as well. I am pretty sure they are Olaudah Equiano based on the photos on zoaid... Why do these darn things sell for $4-$5 per head? Seriously, why?

Same reason why gas is toping $4/gal where we live ($4.07 on Sierra Madre and Altadena, ugh!) :( Just another excuse for people to make a quick fast gouging dollar.

Urchinhead
You're rich :P

Not even close. I am going to sell off the ones I don't use but for *ALLOT* less. More like $25 for 15-20 heads.

More importantly is that Mili bleached or not?

Archived