Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mysterious death of stingrays at Calgary zoo

bubbles3660

neanderthalman
Dissolved oxygen was low? In a touch tank?

:huh:

Yeah.

I mean, if they had an air shield, then they wouldn't have been vulnerable to megamaid, now would they?

The Propagator
Dissolved oxygen was low? In a touch tank?

:huh:

With an 8' tall 6' diameter protein skimmer in line with filtration to the same open touch tank pumping in COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OXYGEN in to it no less.

Yeah.

I mean, if they had an air shield, then they wouldn't have been vulnerable to megamaid, now would they?

They must have made the password too easy to guess.

petkingdom619

I always wondered if someone ever thought about doing that when i go to seaworld.

They have a ray petting pool also

I always wondered if someone ever thought about doing that when i go to seaworld.

They have a ray petting pool also

I suppose it wouldn't take that much chemi-clean to treat that much water... if 1g treats 150gals of water then you would only need 67g to treat 10000 gals. Of course you would have to overdose it a bit to get it to kill all those rays in just a few hours. So probably 120grams at the least. Also you would think it would show up in their analysis. I wonder if there are other chemicals that could lower dissolved oxygen dramatically.

I say chlorine that they probably used to clean the tanks before introducing species....

As far as "StingRay City" the only one I know of that DOESNT KILL is in the Bahammas that I visited... TOTALLY BA... I was younger, about 10, and got to feed them, snorkel with them, grab on and have them swim me all over... AND I DIDNT GET STABBED IN THE CHEST!!!!!!

Screw captivity of large creatures like that... Just not right..

The Propagator
I say chlorine that they probably used to clean the tanks before introducing species....

As far as "StingRay City" the only one I know of that DOESNT KILL is in the Bahammas that I visited... TOTALLY BA... I was younger, about 10, and got to feed them, snorkel with them, grab on and have them swim me all over... AND I DIDNT GET STABBED IN THE CHEST!!!!!!

Screw captivity of large creatures like that... Just not right..

But its coming.

Archived