Pod Your Reef

Remora Pro w/ Mag 3

thaijungle

thaijungle

I just got a AquaC Remora Pro with a Mag 3 from a guy on CL.. I have a 29g with a 15g sump/refug. Do you think this is too much? He gave me his old the Rio 1400 also. Should I switch to the Rio 1400 or stick with the Mag 3?

Thanks.

thaijungle

Thanks. I think i'll stick with the Mag 3 for now. It is a new pump.

I was wondering if it possible to overskim (i know people have different opinions of this). Is this skimmer too big for my tank? I was running a CPR Bak Pak 2R+ for 2 years but just wasn't getting the results I wanted. I heard that the Remora was pretty awsome so I decided to try it out but wasn't sure if this would be too powerful for my tank. Its still in the breaking in period. Getting a lot of very wet foam and a green tea looking skimmate but getting an incredible amount of foam. I'm also getting microbubbles but according to the manual, this dissapates in about a week or two. Anyone have any experience with this Skimmer?

I have that skimmer, love it! That's all I run are Remora skimmers in fact. That's a big skimmer for that size tank, but better over skim than under skim IMO, I'd keep it! What corals are you planning on keeping?

thaijungle

I have a ton of coral already. I've been running a CPR bak pak for 2 plus years now and decided i wanted something better. That is why i upgraded to the remora pro. I have Zoos, Xenias, Scolys, Duncans, Kenya Trees, Leathers, Dendro, Sun corals, Recoridas, Mushrooms, candy coral, and acans.

Oh yeah, I'd be keeping that skimmer - with all those hungry corals, the skimmer will help a little at least with all that food you are (or should be!!) putting in the tank! :P

Archived