SaltCritters.com

My online savings/ purchase story and advice

psreefs

Hi all. Last week I went to Petco on a whim to look for an aquarium stand. The one I liked was $212 bucks with tax in the store. I went back home and checked what the price was on their website and it was only $153. The I did a search for a Petco coupon and found one that offered 15% off my order. After tax and only about $16 shipping the online price was only $155, a savings of $57 from the store's price!!!

So, before paying a store's price, you may want to check it online. And, before ordering anything online, always do a search for a coupon for a store. More and more online retailers use affiliate programs where they give the affiliates coupon codes for customers. I do it all the time, especially for the bigger retailers, ie Petco, Dicks Sporting Goods,etc. :lol:

Sometimes some of the big stores will actually give you their online price instore, which is great. I know animart does this, and I use it all the time for equipment. Just call in advance to check if they have the thing you want since you need a printout with the exact item and price on it.

How are you finding the coupons?

Generally, just do a google search for Petco coupon or Dicks coupon or Walmart coupon or Lowes coupon. I'm sure you get the idea. It doesn't always work, but very often it does and it's worth taking the extra few minutes to save some significant dollars. ;)

Sometimes some of the big stores will actually give you their online price instore, which is great. I know animart does this, and I use it all the time for equipment. Just call in advance to check if they have the thing you want since you need a printout with the exact item and price on it.

That's good advice too, I wonder if they will also honor the coupons.

looking for coupon codes online can be a pain sometimes, reminds me of lookin for ROMs back in the day.

i always find dominos and pizza coupons though lol

u can just google search " **** coupons "

Before I buy anything online I punch in the website address on retailmenot.com to see if anyone has put in any coupon codes. If you know of any coupon codes for a particular site you can go there and enter them so other people can use them as well. It's definitely saved me some money.

Archived