Top Shelf Aquatics

lemonpeel angel

vanessa

I added an lemonpeel angel fish and the LFS said they fed him frozen shrimp so I bought what they recommended...well needless to say he has not eaten the shrimp. I've had him for 6 days now and I have yet to see him eat anything! I've tried frozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimp, I've tried flake food, I've tried dried seaweed, I've tried spirulina. When I feed my tank he darts around like he's hungry like the rest of the fish but he swims up to it and then acts like he's not interested in what the others are gobbling up. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what he will eat? And how long if he isn't eating will he start to show signs of starvation? He doesn't look like he's starving...his sides are sunken in. Thanks for any help. :(

Hi there it can take some fish upto two weeks to get used to thier new sorroundings. I suggest that you dont try to feed for 3 days and then start slowly.

If after 3 days he starts to eat then its fine. I would also read up on the species of fish you have and find out what they prefer to eat etc, as well as what conditions they prefer.

Try and make the next 3 days as stress less as possible. The fish needs to settle in.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Archived