Top Shelf Aquatics

Moved pom pom closed up all of a sudden...

swordfish

I have a pom pom which I recently moved to a more permenant home in my tank by way of gluing the small rock it came on to a larger rock with super glue. It's a little more in the way of the power head's stream, but I have noted that now, four hours later, most of the poms have closed up. The few on the side that are closest to the head (which is across the tank) and which get the most current from the head are the only ones open. Is this a temporary thing or what? What caused it? No super glue touched the actual coral at all, only the bottom of the rock it was on.

Jeff

I don't think you have anything to worry about. It always seems that xenia have a second sense when it comes to being moved or messed around with. You might take it out of the current...it may be too much for it's liking. You'll see it will open back up...when my xenia moved on it's own from the bottom of a tonga branch all the way to the top it closed up for several days and looked withered and gray...but it always comes back nice and open again. Just give it time.

Archived