inTank Media Baskets

Maxi-Jet vs. Koralia

SaltWaterNewb

SaltWaterNewb

I know both are really good power heads. I am just trying to find out how they compare in size. I am getting a new tank that will be 24x18x14. I only have one Koralia nano right now in my 10g but I am thinking of going with possibly as many as 3 power heads in the new tank and I want the smaller of the two. So I am thinking either 3 nanos or 3 maxi-jet 600's. This will be in conjunction with an AC110 fuge for a little additional flow from that. Thoughts?

I say koralias! They dont seem to stick out like a sore thumb maybe because they are sleek looking idk. I also like the flow alot better, they move alot of water but its gentle. I just put one in my 3g, I thought it would be to much but its perfect because its not such a directed flow! Good luck

if you are going with nano's i would go with 2 nano's and one maxijet. use the maxijet to flow along the back wall (the nano can not push 24", i found this in my 20h) and use the nano's more more gental flow on your corals.

as far as size goes, they are about the same. anything over a nano gets big in a hurry however. the nano is the size of a kiwi and the 1 is the size of a tennisball, a 4 is litterally as big as a soft ball so there is no way to hide them.

maxis are super cool with the mods, but for small tanks it's too much. Without the mod, the flow is too focused. Koralia all the way. I had a k1 in my 12g nano and it was perfect. I've swapped it out for a nano now, and I like that one, too. the nanos are TINY.

Koralia. I removed a MJ 900 and replaced with a Koralia 2. I really like it. What and where are you getting that tank of yours? 24x18x14. I am really liking those dimensions. Have a any pics?

SaltWaterNewb

Custom made by zhubbell. Price is great too. Should be shipped today or tomorrow so I should have by end of the week so I can get my stand started, hopefully things will be running in a couple weeks.

1210607209.jpg

Oh, and back on the topic of power heads, I have decided to go with the Koralia nanos. I have one already that will be placed over in to the new tank so I will just get two more to add to it.

Archived