Cultivated Reef

Clown Ich out break over night?

HawaiianNano

HawaiianNano

Has any one ever encountered an ich problem like this or I think its an ich problem. My 2 clown fishes all of a sudden over night had an ich invation, nothing like i have ever seen before. I check these fishes everyday for any spots and never saw any before I went to bed. I woke up the next morning and these 2 fishes looked like someone had salted these fishes and was ready to cook them. The fishes ate and still was swimming around normaly. I came home in the PM and the Ich was gone. But the next morning the same thing again white clown fishes and in the PM when i got home it was gone the ich.

I checked my water quality and it all feel with in specs.

ammonia .0 nitrite.0 Ph 8.2 Salttinty 1.024 temp 80

I dont know what the hell is going on here? Is this an ich problem that I'm having or some thing else?

please help!!!!!

SW ich, or cryptocayron irritans, is usally brought on due to a stress factor, expecailly temperature fluctuation. Perhaps your temperature dropped suddenly? or are the fish new, and werent acclimated long enough (drip acclimation -2 hrs- or hospitaliztion -3 weeks-)?

Actually if the problem appeared and disappeared that quickly, it was probably sand, if you have fine sand in your tank. My clowns will wallow in th hairy mushrooms i have on the substrate and they will get sand stuck to their slime coat. My dwarf angel will do that almost every day.

what kinda substrate do you have?

SixLiner

HawaiianNano

I have course sand not the fine one. The fish died last night and i don't think it was ich. The fish was in the tank for over a month. I had noticed before this happened that the fish was swimming directly in the currrent of the power head. Well the fish are dead what should i do now? They were the only 2 fish in the tank beside the 4 banded shrimp and the turbo snails and sea urchine

Swimming into a powerhead without looking vibrant and swimming with enthusiasm (use your imagination here a little :)) This is usually a sign of internal problems begining with the gills. it could include crypt or gill flukes of some sort. it could also be stress from cyanide exposure- if your fish were wild caught. Sounds mainly like an internal parasite.

best of luck'

SixLiner

Also, if you need anything else, i am more frequent in another forum. PM me for info

Archived