Guest AbSoluTc

Guest AbSoluTc

This is why ..

Picture%20001.jpg

Picture%20002.jpg

Picture%20003.jpg

Picture%20004.jpg

Picture%20005.jpg

Doing this will give me more flow. I can also use the space as a fuge too.  What do you all think?

I'm not familiar with those filters. Is the flow rate adjustable? Slap it on there and try it.

I have to turn down the flow with my Aquaclear 200 or it kicks up quite a bit of sand. My 5 has the dreaded red slime too. And some green slime too. *sigh*

Guest AbSoluTc

Yeah, but the problem is, this thing has been up for a month and a half..  Thats what I don't understand.

Yeah there is a flow adjuster i beleive.

Also, those pics - is what happens OVER NIGHT.  I clean it off one day.  Next day it takes over even more!

(Edited by AbSoluTc at 6:35 pm on June 29, 2002)

You have a 1000?Try that.

It's amazing how fast that stuff grows. I've been syphoning it out with water changes. My tank has been set up since 4/5 and it's had the red stuff for about 3 weeks or so. It has slowed down and it really doesn't bother me, I think the whole thing is interesting. I think I'l have a beer and gaze at the tank for a while.

i dont think red slime algae has much to do with flow because the first place it shows up in my tank is the return on my hob filter.  to get rid of it use ultralife red slime remover.  it gets rid of the red slime in a couple days and has no ill effects.  i strongly recommend it

Archived