Coral Vue Hydros

JBJ or CurrentUSA Chiller

jhealey

So the summer months are coming and the temperature in my tank has already risen and fallen to much for my liking so i think i should invest in a chiller. As of now my room goes from 74 or 75 in the fall and winter, but around the summer it can get into about mid 80's which is far to high to go without a chiller. So i was wondering, are there any opinions on what would be best, a JBJ Nano-Artica Chiller 1/20 hp or a Current USA 1/15 chiller? I am really open to anything or any other suggestions. I will most likely be purchasing within the next month or so and then upgrading to MH. Thanks!

Jhealey

RayWhisperer

What kind/size tank would help some....

I can only speak from experience here. I only have the Current 1/15th Prime chiller. It does a nice job of keeping temps rock solid at 79. The reason I'd recommend the Prime over the Arctica is, it is rated to lower temps than JBJ's model. Other than that, I doubt there is much difference between the two.

If it is an AIO, have you considered Nanotuners chiller that fits inside the canopy?

Its a BC14, ive been looking into some of the smaller chillers but havent really found one that has gotten solid reviews. I'm also looking in the upgrade to MH's in the future and want something thats not gonna faulter

RayWhisperer
Its a BC14, ive been looking into some of the smaller chillers but havent really found one that has gotten solid reviews. I'm also looking in the upgrade to MH's in the future and want something thats not gonna faulter
Well then, I think either or would be fine. To be honest, I don't remember seeing any bad reviews of either product line.

go for the better deal, which ever one is cheaper then looks like the only solution here

im going with a 1/10 current for my setup only because i have the hookups with current

masterbuilder

Just a note...I think the ICA chillers that nanotuners/nanocustoms offered are gone forever. Something about a required part no longer being made and no replacement can be found. They would have to have one made (CNC Metal) and thats not cost effective.

I just ordered the JBJ from nanotuners - went with the 1/15 to give myself some expansion room. I too was interested in which of the two brands were better though there does not seem to be a whole lot of comparative info.

Ultimately I went with the JBJ as I read a number of reports that it was very quiet - though again these were not comparisons just observations specific to the JBJ.

I just ordered the JBJ from nanotuners - went with the 1/15 to give myself some expansion room. I too was interested in which of the two brands were better though there does not seem to be a whole lot of comparative info.

Ultimately I went with the JBJ as I read a number of reports that it was very quiet - though again these were not comparisons just observations specific to the JBJ.

I just hooked up my Current 1/15th. It is horribly loud. I am not sure what to do as the noise is totally unacceptable. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Archived