Top Shelf Aquatics

Preferred Ca/Alk Maintenance Method

chvynva916

Do you have any pictures of your Acro-cal setup? I'm interested in setting up one of these too.

Thanks,

Neal

Here's a few pics of my acro-cal setup. It's been running for a little over a week and my alk/ca is quite stable. So far I think this is a great reactor for nanos. Very easy to set up and tune - plus you can't beat the $60 price tag.

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4267.jpg

I'm using my ph controller on the RK2 to control the CO2 solenoid. Here's a pic of a collection cup for the effluent + ph probe

IMG_4269.jpg

Even if you have some extremely dense stocking, 2-part works fine. However, once you start getting into large doses, it would be a good idea to use a dosing pump or drip system to administer it, as you could spike your pH badly if you try to add large amounts all at once.

Also, you have to make sure you monitor your salinity closely when heavily dosing 2-part. It can rise fairly quickly if you are dosing this stuff heavily.

Right On SPS...

Thats why I split my additions between am and pm...I dose in my 75 gal 50 ml each around

6am....lights run from 10a to 9P...then I dose another 50ml each around 5P.

Izzue

EtOH_is_good

if you're not worried about maintaining alk/calc with any of the listed methods is a sps dominant tank you have another thing coming. a well lite sps tank can suck major alk/calc out of the water even in a small tank. trying to keep the levels stable is the hardest part about the small tank. stability in small volume does not equal fun.

etoh

Thanks for the pics! How do you have it plumbed to your tank? Are you using only the stock pump?

You're welcome. I have it tee'd off of my phosphate reactor pump (minijet 404).

Archived