Top Shelf Aquatics

fragging zoos

yea

I bought a small frag of zoos and they have covered a whole slate of LR. How do a frag them into even smaller frags so I can get rid of a few? Also, I read a thread that said bristle worms can harm zoos? I Have good bit of really small ones that hitched on a newly added piece of LR, should I worry? If so, they are so small how can I get rid of them if needed?

LITTLEFISHEE

When you say a "whole slate" of LR, what size is the rock? What size do you want to end up with? I would cut the rock with an electric saw. I've never tried it, but IMO it seems like it would be less traumatic to your zoos than ripping them off of their rock

Use a hammer and chissel to break the rock into smaller pieces. You can pull them out of water for a short period of time and it won't harm them. Or when you do a water change, put the zoo's in a container with that water and chissel away.

or if they have a may like botom forming them all together as one mat you can cut the mat with a razor and peal them away carfully.

BTW the chisel methode is tried and true. It works very well as long as you are careful and fast.

LITTLEFISHEE

I've cut my sea mat with an x-acto knife and it worked out quite nicely, just make sure the blade is very, very sharp. I still think it would be more fun to get power tools involved.

Archived