ReefCleaners.org

HLLE

Korova

I've heard HLLE is sometimes caused by stray voltage in the aquarium. And this can be avoided and/or remedied with the use of a aquarium grounding probe... I've never had to deal with HLLE, but was interested knowing a little about it. Anybody had experience with this?

• 6 months later...

i dunno what causes it i do know eccosystem filters annd elixers prevent it i was in my dentistofficew and i saw the worst cases of it ive ever seen it looked like the faces of the fish were falling off i dint know what causes it but its like anthrax for fish:alarm:

I heard that too. Of course I believe this is still speculative. One prevnetive/curative measure is to add more vegetable matter to the diet. That and a GFI are cheap preventative (though not proven) methods that afford many other advantages as well.

• 3 weeks later...

HLLE is s difficult thing to deal with if it is too far gone. It is caused by poor diet and water conditions that are not optimum. Lightly Steamed Broccoli given to tankgs can help to reduce it as well as a quarintine in which you feed the animal massive quanities of fresh caluerpa, and other natural foods. as big of a diet as possible can be daunting duce to finiky feeders. there is a good thread on it in http://www.Reefcentral.com . I looked breifly, but I was unable to find it check there...

Archived