Cultivated Reef

Mommy, I Got a Ca-Pillar! NOT!

Weetabix7

Weetabix7
How's the macro mode on that? I'm guessing pretty decent based on that dandylion pic...

Welll, the proof is in the pics, as you noticed.

I've had it focus on something practically sitting on the lens.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, thanks!

I've been camera shopping for a while. I was gifted an HP camera a few years ago, min macro focus in 14cm. Not all that useful.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose this might go along with my love of trees, but I am really fascinated by the amazing variety and shapes of lichens that grow on the trees around here. They grow in some in some fantastic shapes, with many lacy green whorls.

Here's a couple of pics I've gotten.

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm going to have to get me one of those after fighting for a couple of days trying to get true colors for the corals I'm selling.

do you have ducks? tard.gif haha

well, we have been wanting to go on a camping trip...how are the great smokeys?

Needreefunds

Hey Weetie!

Check this out. The Wife and I would swear this grew overnight as we had just pulled weeds from the garden the night before. WTH is THIS??? :o

008-13.jpg

003-13.jpg

It was gone, withered away by the end of the day. I have never seen anything like this before. B)

She took this shot too...I sort of like the fuzzy not quite in focus look to this pic

002-14.jpg

003-9.jpg

:)

Come on over!!!

I'd be happy to give you a tour of the backyard and give you photo tips!

Hey, wait a minute. I didn't get photo tips with my tour... :o

Check for ticks! Tiz the season! Someone said liquid soap on a cotton ball will cause them to pull their heads out. PaPa & Cindy both had some this week. Check the bottom of the belly button. Kelly Jelly Belly got one there once upon a time! :lol:

Vaseline works too. Since ticks breathe through their skin, if you cover the body in vaseline, they have to pull their heads out to breathe.

My doctor taught me that one after I got Lyme's disease last summer. (Which was no fun at all, so be careful)

Wheetie, the photos are beautiful. My back yard is full of norway maples too. (The species of tree in the leaf close-up shots) They are magnificent trees, very vibrant and lush. Plus, I used to love playing with the little helicopter seed-pods as a child.

The dead leaves in the fall make excellent crunchy cushy piles for children to leap into as well, lol.

RayWhisperer
I suppose this might go along with my love of trees, but I am really fascinated by the amazing variety and shapes of lichens that grow on the trees around here. They grow in some in some fantastic shapes, with many lacy green whorls.

Here's a couple of pics I've gotten.

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

The Monti caps of the land.

Hey Weetie!

Check this out. The Wife and I would swear this grew overnight as we had just pulled weeds from the garden the night before. WTH is THIS??? :o

008-13.jpg

003-13.jpg

It was gone, withered away by the end of the day. I have never seen anything like this before. B)

I'm not good with mushrooms. The shape is similar to a morrell but the color and texture of the cap is different. Whatever it is, it did pop up over night. They grow like that within a few hours.

Vaseline works too. Since ticks breathe through their skin, if you cover the body in vaseline, they have to pull their heads out to breathe.

My doctor taught me that one after I got Lyme's disease last summer. (Which was no fun at all, so be careful)

Tell that to the ticks on me. I've tried every method known and none work better than manual removal.

BTW, great pics everyone.

Wheetie, the photos are beautiful. My back yard is full of norway maples too. (The species of tree in the leaf close-up shots) They are magnificent trees, very vibrant and lush. Plus, I used to love playing with the little helicopter seed-pods as a child.

The dead leaves in the fall make excellent crunchy cushy piles for children to leap into as well, lol.

Our AKC dog magazine said not to do any of those things because it causes them to release stuff into your body. They said to pull firmly but don't twist to remove them. How's that for confusing advice from good sources. :o

Hey, wait a minute. I didn't get photo tips with my tour... :o

Yes, but you got a Power Ranger Megazord demonstration, and you really can't put a price on that!!! :P:lol:

Yes, but you got a Power Ranger Megazord demonstration, and you really can't put a price on that!!! :P:lol:

You're right - that was priceless! And that thing is more complicated than a camera!

I've been getting up early and taking walks in the morning before anyone else wakes up, and I keep seeing things I want to get pics of.

Well I finally managed to do it, so here are some shots from my morning tour of the neighborhood.

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

A humorous one:

IMG_1351.jpg

Some cool vintage cars/trucks:

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

I ran across something interesting on one of the side-streets I went down. It looks like a little graveyard right in between two houses in the middle of a residential street. I'm kind of curious which one of the houses it belongs to!

IMG_1362.jpg

Blooming Thistle.

Yay, Eeyore!!! :D

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

I am SO glad I started the day out like this, it was such a beautiful morning!

IMG_1363.jpg

Needreefunds
That last shot is fantastic. What a great way to start the morning.

+1!! B)

Lovin that last one too Weetie!

All very cool shots tho. :)

Tru green really lays the fertilizer on thick down your way don't they?

;)

Tru green really lays the fertilizer on thick down your way don't they?

;)

LOL!!!

I don't I'll be requiring their services anytime soon! ;)

I'm sorry I didn't comment on your pics earlier bud, it's been a little crazy this last week.

Such a shiny new banstick, so little time...

Anyway, that one red fungus was pretty crazy, it's cool you were able to get a shot of it.

That shot of your wife's looked really cool too.

And hubby would love the little gnome, he's always teasing me about wanting to get "Lawn Elves"!!! :P

LOL!!!

I don't I'll be requiring their services anytime soon! ;)

I'm sorry I didn't comment on your pics earlier bud, it's been a little crazy this last week.

Such a shiny new banstick, so little time...

Anyway, that one red fungus was pretty crazy, it's cool you were able to get a shot of it.

That shot of your wife's looked really cool too.

And hubby would love the little gnome, he's always teasing me about wanting to get "Lawn Elves"!!! :P

Lawn Elves! NOW I know what to get him for his birthday! :lol:

barcelona197.jpg

BTW That last picture is beautiful. You'll have to show me where that is sometime.

Archived