Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Frogspawn

Guest LudavicoTechnique

Guest LudavicoTechnique

As I have given up on Anemones, and I have heared that a frogspawn may be accepted as a host to clownish, I am interested in them.

Will a frogspawn be ok in a 10 gal w/ 2 x 26w PC and a 401 powerhead?

Thanks

I don't really know the light requirements for frogspawn but I have my 2 under 72w PC. They're hardy. I think your lights would be ok.

Cool - Sounds like frogspawn will be fine under my 2x32 lights. :)

LudavicoTechnique - Clockwork Orange fan? Don't you mean LudOvicoTechnique? :)

For those who may not be fans...

LudovicoTechnique - This 'cure' for criminal tendencies is created through injections of nausea inducing drugs just before the prisoner is forced to watch films of abominable crimes. The prisioner comes to associate watching and committing violent behaviour with incredible feelings of sickness, and cannot be of further harm to society.

Or, I'm way off. :)

quiksilver5768

Frogspawn are hardy and would do perfectly well under those lights.

I dont really know what HuBu meant when he

said "frogspawn under your lighting arent good man. they are LPS. an anenome would do fairly under your lights" Frogspawns are much much easier to keep and require much less lighting than most anemones...

Guest LudavicoTechnique

You were more or less right about LudovicoTechnique, I only spelled it 'Ludavico' because that is my version of the techinque.

agree, it should do fine... i have torch (same family), used to be under 32w 50/50 in 18g and they are expanded so huge and start to split the head... now i upgrade my light to 32x2 and it still doing about as great as when there only one 32w

Any of the Euphyllia species {with exception to cataphyllia Judindii (elegance) } will do well with moderate light. they mught actualy do better in halides, but they are awesome under my buddys Vhos and I have them under a variety of lights. they can pack quite a whallop with sweeper tenticles, and they expand huge. give them room

i keep hearing that frogspawn have sweeper tentacles but i have never seen any on mine.  i dont even see where they could come from if they did have them.  im not saying they dont have them i just havent seen them on mine.  what do they look like?  ive seen sweepers on bubble coral just not my frogspawn.

some are just contact problems... You can have a Frog next toa hammer and a hammer next to a TOrch.... Put the Torch nest to the frog.. BU BIE Torch..... Same with Actiniodiscus... put a Lobo next to some and BU BIE brain.

SOME corals tolerate others better.. it takes YEARS to learn all of these little things.... to bad NOTHING USEFULL IS EVER PRINTED IN BOOKS  LIKE THIS....

Archived