Cultivated Reef

Weird Question Just Throwing it out there.

eleer

Can i throw some rubble pieces of lr in my hob. Will that do anything? The hob is a Whisper hob for the 20-40 gallon tanks it's on my 10g. Just wondering thanks.

I don’t see why you couldn’t. The rock will support bacteria and act as a biological filter. If the flow isn’t too much, I would think that it could also serve to be a protected breeding ground for pods (like a fuge).

won't there be a need to have some sort of lighting hitting the HOB if he does this just wondering, I did the same thing with some rubble piecies

Bacteria won’t need light to survive and I would think that pods should be OK too. However, you won’t be able to support algae without putting a light over it.

They are little bugs (look in horror at your tank at night with the lights off using a small flashlight or red light) that live in your sand and live rock. They eat algae and are themselves a source of food for fish. I think they contribute to "plankton" via their offspring.

They are good, you want lots of them. A refugium is good because it gives them a place to live without predation and they will also wander into your main tank (via return pump/return overflow) to be snacked on.

V

Archived