SaltCritters.com

My 75g build Thread---UPDATED!

hooligan_78

hooligan_78

About a month ago, I bought a 75 and stand with assorted equipment from ebay. Got an awesome deal!

Some of the equipment was a little under par. I got a Jebo in tank skimmer, a 65x4 PC light. Maybe 20 lbs of live rock, now dead, and 2 Koralia 3s as well as 2 Marineland 400 HOB power filters. I sold most of the extra except the rocks and the K3s.

I'm planning on a 29g sump/fuge. I'll probably run some purigen and floss in it as well. Any thoughts? Also I want to replace the lighting with either a MH/t5 combo or a T5 only. Again any suggestions. I will probably use the K3s for flow, maybe something bigger? I was also looking at Marineland's new Pro Series all in one skimmers. They're new on Drs. Foster and Smith. I'll try to get some pics up of the tank and stand. I had to to a bit of cleaning. Somebody at the kid's LFS told him not to tape his back on, rather Vaseline it to the back. No kidding! I spend maybe an hour scraping and wiping Vaseline off the aquarium!

Stocking plans are moving everything from my 20 and 10 over to the 75. I definitely want a McCosker's Flasher Wrasse. They look so good! In my 20 are 2 occ clowns, 2 damsels, 1 banded goby, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 coral banded shrimp, my RBTA and it's clone, some softies and various snails. My 10 has my tiny pair of true percs, an emerald crab 1 small ric, 1 small kenya tree that came from my big one.

Any ideas on lighting and sump configuration would be great! I will try to get pics up next week, but it's just an empty tank now!

I would drill it for an overflow now. If you don't you will want to later but it will be full of water.

hooligan_78
I would drill it for an overflow now. If you don't you will want to later but it will be full of water.

I forgot to mention that! I'm debating an internal or external overlfow.

I would take a little extra time and add the internal overflow. If I could go back and do one thing over again on my 75g, it would be to get a drilled tank with internal overflow. I have an exterior, and I bought a lifereef overflow which is the best, to ease my mind, but I would like to have internal next time.

• 4 weeks later...
hooligan_78

No real updates. I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks, so I'm holding off on any major spending until I get back. And Eddie, I've decided that when I get is set up, the pair of Occ will go and I'll keep my percs.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

Started working on the sump. 29g with a Mag 1800. We'll be running it through 2 1" SCWDs! Ordered the pump last week, should be in today. This weekend I should have the 2" overflow drilled. I'll take pics this weekend and hopefully have them up on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Pics or it didn't happen.

:D

I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

Got the 1800gph pump...finally. Also my 29 gallon sump is waiting at my LFS.

Archived