Coral Vue Hydros

Can we say Zoos?

Mr_Nano

Hey everyone. Someone told me to post this pic of my 7 gallon Alife tank full of zoos. I had a can't seem to get enough of these different zoanthid morphs. So here goes... ENJOY!

nano.jpg

Hello,

Is this actually the 7gal Alife? I have a 7gal Alife too, it doesn't seem that big. It's only 12" across. Can you post a full pic of the tank?

Anyway, it's pretty nice collection of zoos.

Cyber

jeebus! someone's been holding out on us:angry:

i expect 5 frags of your best zoos on my doorstep by friday. good day sir!

Wow...awesome attention to scale in your 7 gallon tank! It looks HUGE! :)

I definately hope to see the specs and more pictures soon! :)

-Dan

Hi Everyone.

Thanks for all the compliments. I'll have to borrow the Digital Camera and take another full tank shot for you all.

I took some close ups of the polyps but they were a little blurry. Let me retry when I get the camera.

Tank specs:

7 gallon Alife tank - took out the whole wet dry system in the back and using an external fluval with occasional carbon. This is great for the weekly water change.

2 x 32 watt Power Compact lights.. these are just sitting on top of the tank.

Lotsa live rock and sand.

Tank inhabitants.

1 pair clarkii clowns.

1 fire shrimp

1 peppermint for the occasional aiptasia

2 sexy shrimp

1 Rose BTA

some xenia that I keep having to trim back.

1 cocoworm

1 candy cane

1 flourescent hammer

a colony of GSP

and last but not least.. my zoos.

Will post more when I get the pics.

The BTA did at the very beginning when it was about the size of my thumb but not too much. I placed it in the that corner at the very beginning and it seems pretty happy there. I think the trick is to keep it well fed so it doesn't feel like it has to move around to find more light and food.

It started to move the other day because the hammer was bothering it but after I moved the hammer, it stayed put and is happy again.

Thanks for all the compliments. Cal3v, I will keep you in mind when I have too many zoos but I think I'll be getting a bigger tank so I can add some more. Can never have enough, don't you think?

Dickwayne, I do realize that the BTA and Clarkii's will get big pretty quickly. I've had the rose for 4 months now and it's quadrupled in size. When it gets too big for this tank, I have a couple other tanks lying in wait. I had to keep this tank small enough so it would fit on my desk at work.

Archived