Top Shelf Aquatics

californiareefs.com my floatswitch isnt working

proboscis

i have had it installed in sump about a week it has worked fine the past week until today i checked my sump this morning and it was floating in the air. the return pump is a micro jet made by maxi-jet. so im sure the switch wasnt tripped. since you tested models way higher than the one im using. also, thinking it might be dirty i removed the snail gaurd cleaned it good and cleaned the bobber and the piece it slides up and down on. but my main concern is I leav for seattle tommorow and wont return home until sunday, and my freakin float switch is broken. Im really at a loss for what to do since this switch was kinda expensive? im praying my salinity wont get to high while im gone.

yoru tank will be fine for the weekend. if you can partially cover your tank if you are really concerned about it but i have left my 10 gallon unatended for about a week before and it was ok.

Start here:

Plug the switch in (no pump needed here) and manually move the bobber up and down and listen for a subtle "click". If there is no click try to flick with bobber with your finger. It is possible that the internal contact stuck. Flicking it usually works fine and it'll break the contact (this sticking does happen but happens rarely). If the flicking doesn't work I will replace it.

Your tank will be ok for the weekend just make sure to top if off. I am sorry for your problem but I will take care of this for you. Please either PM me or email me with your progress.

Cameron.

im back from seattle today, man what a beautiful city. i snuck away to the aquarium thats out on the pier. This place was pretty cool. they raised salmon there and released 60,000 back to the wild every year. i thought that was cool. also, all the aquarium water was pumped from beneath the pier so it was all NSW enuff said.

My tank was fine over the trip my mom came and added top off water to keep salinity some what clsoe to what i like. i tested it when i got home it was 1.o23. i will wrassle with the float switch in the morning when the lights are on and let you know cameron. thanks

how loud will the click be? i thumped it a few times and cleaned it again. i have a perma-ring from playing in bands and concerts but im not deaf and i couldnt hear a click. i will play with it more tomm. and if i cant get it i will send it back to you email me your address again please. thanks

Archived