Cultivated Reef

Still in search for a skimmer

animalrie

I will be setting up either a 40 breeder or a 55 gallon tank within the next few months and am searching for a skimmer. This will go in a sump that has the dimensions of a 20 gallon high tank. I think I am going to go with an Octopus as it fits my budget and doesn't seem like a waste of money.

Would this octopus skimmer be a good one for my tank?

Any other suggestions on skimmer type? I'm looking for something under $150.

Edit: I also do not want to close myself into either the 40 breeder or 55. I still haven't decided which one I will be doing and it would be great if I could get a skimmer that works for both.

I have a 50breeder with a 20long sump. I've been using the Octopus NW-110 since day one. My two factors in buying the skimmer were price and size. I didn't expect much, but I have pleasantly surprised at how great this skimmer works. I did the fishing line mod about a month ago and it's even better.

tunze or octopus

Agree, I have a bak-pak, too and while it's a good skimmer it's a step below tunze/octopus skimmers.

ive never used either but i would think the tunze would be better quality but the octopus is very popular because of its price and its skimming potential

Archived