Coral Vue Hydros

ich

Cam barr

hey i think my new dansel has ich if it does i know how to get rd of it but if i take it out and put another fish in cuz my friend wants it will the ich still be there?? hat will i doo

quiksilver5768

Many shrimps can do this. One most prown to is the skunk cleaner. Although the damsel is ver aggresive, Im not sure if it will accept the cleaning from the shrimp....

I dont know any reef safe ich resolver solutiong off thew top of my head...

Ich is generally always in the water no matter what you do but if it hasn't had a host for 21 days it is just about gone

i think ill trade in my pepermint  for a scunk my damsel went over to my peprrmint and was trying to get clean the peprmint freaked

quiksilver5768

haha...yea pepermints dont clean in the wild. Ive also seen a coral banded shrimp clean. The only two ive everseen clean are cbs' and skunk's.

he died crap he was just a damsel but i fell crappy hes the first fish ive had thats died of ich i would like to get a small false  percula but when should i add him my tanks benn full y cycled for about  3 weeks nitrite zreo anona zreo  so when should i add him and will he get ich too???

quiksilver5768

Well there is a slight chance that your clown will catch it, I suggest you get your skunk cleaner in first and get him established for a few days. Do a few ater changes and put the clown in. If he gets ich and the skunk is comfortable...he should clean him right off...

then hell be ok  ich only affects stressed fish and i think my fish was just sick to becin wityh

SLOreefer

just remember your new fish will be stressed from the move....maybe not a whole lot but good acclimation will reduce its risks. i would still put a cleaner shrimp in the tank.

I am currently going throught this problem wtih my 38-Gallon. (I know not a nano...starting a 10 gal soon...)

Anyway, if you can place a UV on teh tank for a short period it will most certainly help.

AS far as the fish...you will not see signs of improvement on the fish until the "ich" has errupted from the fish and is free floating.

Probably best to read this article..it can explain how ICH works better than I can....http://www.bestfish.com/saltich.html

HTH

Sorry about your Damsel...keep watching your clown. Also, on a side note...soak your fish food in natural garlic juice ( a couple of drops per feeding) for about a week. It will build up your fishes imune system.

can fish kick ich themselves i also thing i need a ground probe  im wondering if hr has helle or somp could b just me freakin out but i hopfully willo soon have the ten and will be able to provide treatment as neededany other thouhts on ich also my clown is affrade of my cleanre he trys to clean but my clown moves away what the heck???

quiksilver5768

Hey,

Yes fish can get rid of ich by themselves but it is very irritating for them. If your water conditions are good then it will slowly go away. Also, about the cleaner...how long has it been in there? Your clown just has to get used to it and feel comfortable with it before it will let the shrimp clean it.

P.S - Did you get my message about the frags?

- Later

yea my water is great no ich on fish nothing i could see or notice at least might of benn stress but i dunno from what ????? im gonna  hold of on fish for about a month if ich does not grow for a month then it is not in the aquariun right just wondring thanks for the help

if you dont have fish you wont see ich grow. the lifespan of ich is like 28 days without a host so waiting for a month is a good idea. it is possible your fish was just bad since you got it from the store. it may have just ben sick internally or jsut thrown in there tanks from the ocean. was it captive bred? i would try and get the clowns from ora which is down south. they are usually very healthy and hardy. sorry about the misjudgment thinking your fish was ok. mine just picks one spot pretty much and swims there. he wont even venture to the other side of the tank at all.

Archived