Cultivated Reef

Return line, where to?

Dustin

Ok, helping a freind design a reef tank. I am also wanting to know as well, since I might be upgrading sometime myself. Me and him both really like the idea of the SCWD (it changes the direction of water, from one input, into 2 tubes and alternates between them both) the only problem is, how do we get the return lines back into the tank. On my tank right now, I pretty much just have the return sitting on the lip, tied to my plastic hood. I hate! this. when I want to work on the tank, I have to turn off the pump, and i cant remove the hood all the way. I keep seeing these black tube things, that look segmented or whatever. How do they go onto a tank? I want something that can run, not tied down, unless its to the tank, or back wall. any ideas? Also, could I drill two holes in the tank, put a bulk head, and have nothing internal, just a hole? That would really be best for .

ELGORDOINAVW

why not use locline??? what i did is connect two 90 degree pvc elbow creating a "u" that holds itself to the tank- oh yeah the elbow inside has threading so you can screw the mpt locline connector.

ok, my thought was to just use the bulkhead, put a small peice of PVC intiside the bulkhead, and stick the locline in that

Archived