ReefCleaners.org

Help needed on tank selection (UK)

Backs

Ok..I came to this site and was amazed at what I saw. I immediatly started calling round dealers in the UK and they all laughed telling me it was impossible to keep a reef tank under about 40 gallons! :*(

I want to prove them wrong :P

I have a 40 gallon mixed tank just now that is still being set-up, but i also have a small 2 foot by 10 inch by 10 inch tank that I believe is 7 gallons (I may be wrong). i was thinking of using this to set up a nano tank. What do you guys think?

The advantage I think, is that the lighting should not be a problem as it is so shallow. I was thinking i could get a microjet in each end of the tank to get a really good flow around the tank. Am I right in thinking this is the case?

I would add live sand and rock and do a 20% water change each week. The lighting is something I need recommendations on please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

I'm runniing 32 watt PC over my 7 gallon and the corals seem to be thriving. There are many different lighting choices and it really depends on what types of corals you plan to keep.

Easy reply...easy ones :)

Selection of coral in North East Scotland is not that great so the dealers tend to just stock the easy to keep ones like musghroom, Xenia et.

These Power Compacts that you americans rave about..what are they? Are they the T5 things i keep reading about?

Archived