Coral Vue Hydros

month old tank...constant .25 ammonia: reasons?

Ascensive

month old tank...constant .25 ammonia: reasons?

hey people. ive had my tank up and going for about a month now. since starting it, i have been testing it, and my nitrates have been 0, my nitrites have been 0, but my ammonia has been a constant .25. i have a penguin bio-wheel 125, the filter and bio-wheel was taken out last sunday. i have a striped mushroom, and a frogspawn coral, 5 snails, and 2 hermit crabs. i put a few drops of calcium in the tank a week, and a couple drops of micro-vert each week. until a couple of weeks ago, i stopped doing a 10 percent weekly water chage. other than that, i just do weekly top-offs for evaporation. i am going to trade in a couple of my astrea snails for nassarius snails since they go on the sand and eat detrius. i am getting the 2x40 20 inch sealife pc with moonlite fixture to replace my 36w actinic/10k. i hope that is enough info to possibly answer my question.

HOW DO I GET RID OF THE AMMONIA?

the time taken to respond will be greatly appreciated.

jAy

it is a 10 gallon aquarium, 20 pounds of live sand, that aragonite stuff, and then a cup of sand from a LFS's live rock tank.

jAy

Have you checked the water with a different ammonia test kit, or you could have it double checked at the LFS.

Maybe something is up with the test kit...

Siskiou

Archived