Pod Your Reef

What is the smallest powerhead?

Infiniti

I have a JBJ Micro-mini tank is still sitting in the box (3/4 gal), and it came with the tiniest powerhead I've ever seen:

It is a Mr. Aqua Mini Dual Submersible Filter 60. manufactured by Ming Zen, Ltd. It is 4" longx1.5"widex1"deep. It's basically a mini Duetto-type filter: 2/3 of the actual size is a filter basket with a foam insert. Rateed at 60 liters per hour works out to about 15 gph, or roughly 20x turnover in this .75 gal tank.

and disassembled. Man, if I could make a cover for the impeller, you're talking about something that would be 1.5x1x1"

Both pics show it on a 3x5 postcard

get two minis.

or if you want true directional flow without obtrusive PH's then you may want to think about a bigger hob and drop a PH into the reservoir and pipe its outflow back into the tank with flexible tubing (kinda like a closed loop system w/o the hassle of drilling). the only thing in the tank would be the intake for the bigger hob.

an example: AC200 with a rio400 (or larger) piped to a distributing manifold or similar for multiple outflows.

I got an aquaglobe 100 and tht thing is pretty small, I was shocked when I seen how small it was. I dont however have much exp with ph's and they have a smaller one then this!

IMO, the Aquaglobes are the way to go. You can regulate the flow, they have a 360 degree nozzle so that you can direct the flow, they are extremely quiet, and they are only 1.5" in length. Relatively cheap too.

Agreed, infact I got mine from a site, will ahve to search now that has them for 10.99 shipped all their sizes. Great price!

It's the first one. The only difference is that I have the slightly more powerful ones: 200gph. Not sure if they sell those though, but if they do, I'd recommend those instead.

Archived