Coral Vue Hydros

fuge macro algae

yimmerz

I was wondering what type of macro algae people use in their fuges and also if anyone in the bay area has any macro algae they don't want. Thanks.

feather caulerpa and grape caulerpa, that's I know of, and if anyone in BA can donate or sell some, I would like some grape caulerpa also, thanks.

I use brillo algea, The offical name is Chaetomorpha, Great stuff. does not go sexual or melt into mush, can handle 24/7 lighting, easy to handle and prune and pods love it like mad, makes a great hiding place for them. And if it gets loose in the tank it is easy to remove and will not over grow the tank if you miss any. I got mine on ebay, a lot of people there selling, You can get some good deals, it ships U S postal serivce and it ships well.

I really like the brillo algae too although I did have some that had come off the main clump and started growing all over the bottom of the tank.

I have some spaghetti in my sump and it grows kinda slow. It started out a bit smaller then a golf ball and now is the size of a softball. I have had it about 3 months. It does have competition in the fuge though. I had a piece in the main tank, but as cajastan said, it does break off and sneak into small crevices.

John

Yep they are the same thing i use the term Brillo because i cant spell spaghettu. Very good for the fuge does not go sexual and easy to manage. makes a great home for pods also.

Archived