Innovative Marine Aquariums

7 Gallon bow front suggestions?

CDoskocil9

I was wondering what i will be able to keep in a 7 gal aquarium from AGA with a eclipse 7 hood retrofitted with a 32 watt bulb from custom sea life? Also what other changes need to be made to the hood such as removing the bio-wheel yes or no? How much live rock and live sand should i keep in the aquarium? Also any other advice anyone has?

Thanks for any help!

The hood on the 7g MB from All-Glass doesn't come with a filter of any sort. So the Bio wheel isn't really a question. You can do a search for 7g tanks and see with others with the same setup are keeping.

if you are refering to the bio-wheel, you might be refering to the eclipse 6, in which case a 32w retro would prob. fit.

however, it doesn't seem like one would confuse the eclipse 6 with the minibow 7, but in the minibow 7, the csl 32w retro fits perfectly and is the ideal light for the tank.

have fun with your nano reef!

You must go to Minibow.com to check out those tanks. If you are deciding between an Eclipse and an AGA, I vote for the glass AGA.

Yes the 13” SmartLite Retrofit Kit is what you would use.

For flow, add a Micro•Jet 450 powerhead and an HOB filter. An AquaClear Mini power filter has a good flow rate, but consider using an AquaClear 300 with the Mini’s impeller so you can put the heater inside the HOB. AquaClear also sells an optional surface skimmer (not protein skimmer) attachment that many people like. Don’t use the media that comes with the power filter (it will produce Nitrates over time); the HOB is for breaking the surface of the water, adding water volume, flow, and using media like SeaGel in a media bag (For my 7-gallon AGA, I use an once of SeaGel changed out every couple of weeks).

A 50W heater is right for this tank (the Visi-Therm is the smallest reliable heater, so I use it). For the hood, don’t use the perforated cut outs; instead, use a rotary tool to cut closer fitting openings for your equipment.

I think that 10lbs of LR is perfect for this tank and a 10 pounds bag of Nature’s Ocean Live Reef Sand will make your sand bed around an inch deep (an inch to an inch and a half should be good).

Archived