inTank Media Baskets

Candy Coral Showing Skeleton, Help

ELGORDOINAVW

ELGORDOINAVW

hey i bought a candy coral yesterday, put him in my tank and today i find him lying on the sand. when i picked him up i noticed that he is showing his skeleton, what should i do??? please help me, thanks-

ELGORDOINAVW

also his mouths were wide open, anything i could do??? i just fed him with liquid life, formula 1&2, mixed with a little flake. i hope that by target feeding him this will help.

His "skeleton" is the calcurous structer, or stem he is sprouting from. Do you mean he is retracting into this and showing the fins of his inner skeleton? Since you just bought him give it a day or two to adjust possibly even a week before you realy have to worry. If his mouths are wide open then it should mean it is inflated and full looking. They generaly only feed at night when the lights have been off for a while though. try turning the lights off for 2 hours or so. Then just turn on your actinic's if you have them and see if its small sweepers are out. This will mean it is hungry. Its sweepers are very very short and will look like little puffy loops sort of like velcro. I wouls try feeding it a very small peice of silver-side, or some mysis shrimp too. Also, Some candy cane's like high light and some like Moderate. This is not a speciese specific thing though. It just means the area where they were collected in or the tank they were in had higher Light or lower light then your tank. Try moving it up towards the light or down away from the light acordingly if it dosent fare any better in the next couple of days. And of course: Make sure you water parameters are in the "Green".

Archived