Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BristleWorm... Good or Bad?

NepTuNe-UsD

NepTuNe-UsD

Hey all. I found a huge bristleworm in my 20g last night right next one of my corals. The coral didnt seem to be irritated in any way.

Should I be worried at all of this creature? It is quite large and has white bristles on its sides. It is pinkish in color and about 7 inches in length... that i know of.

I was thinking of putting an arrow crab in there but am not sure if the arrow will disturb any other of my reef inhabitants.

Please advise! Thanks.

NaNO ReeFiN

I've got huge bristle worms in my tank as well. After doing some research on them and keeping a close eye on all my corals/livestock I just let them be. They come out at night all the time, so if I wanted to remove them, I could just grab them out with plastic tongs no problem.

And I live a block away from usd.. I can see the slim gym from my backyard.. lol

NepTuNe-UsD

Yeah actually my tank has been established for about a year now and I really have had no problems with the bristleworm. I think Ill just let it be as well. Thanks for the info NaNo.

BTW... where you @ Aquatic Warehouse the other day getting credit for one of your corals??

NaNO ReeFiN

Hmm.. maybe? I'm at Aquatic Warehouse EVERYDAY (literally..) I've been mistaken as an employee a couple times..

Ha! totally off topic, I have been there like 3 times in the last week or so, keep forgetting stuff or they were out of epoxy. I am dumb, I went on MOnday twice, it is crazy because they get the fish shipments in...

NaNO ReeFiN

Yeah, I was there yesterday as well. Didn't really see anything that caught my eye.. although they got a shipment in of green bta's that looked extremely nice.

If it looks like this then it is not bad. Fireworms, another type of bristleworm, on the other hand, are bad as they eat coral. They are fatter , more brightly colored, and with more prominent bristles.

NepTuNe-UsD

That would be the culprit... thanks for the ID.

BTW to all the Aquatic Warehouse junkies.. if you ever see a dirty black F150 with a USD sticker on the back that would be me. Give a holla.:)

Hey neptune Ive seen your Truck there HAHAH!!! I'm an avid aquatic warehouse customer...if I see your truck ill be sure to yell out NEPTUNE USD IN DA HOUSE!!!! you'll know its me!!!!

Its kinda weird if you think about it but we've probably all been there at the exact same time & we dont even know it. Heck probably more than once or twice :D

NepTuNe-UsD

Thats hilarious! What a coincidence. If you ever see my truck there again and you decide to to holla out my name... just look for the guy ducking behind koi pond :D . Hahah jk Jimmy. Hope to run into you all sometime!

ELGORDOINAVW

hey neptune, the xenia you gave me is doing fine. i really didn't realize they were that big. i mean i expected them to be smaller because of the move and all but man these things look great. thanks-

Archived