Coral Vue Hydros

Skim-Jet skimmers ?

starr

well if you want quiet then forget the aqua c nano, ive ran it and it works well but very noisy, the aqua c remora is much quieter than the nano. if you want quiet you proabably want to get a tunze but they are $$$$

id recommend you spend your money on something worthwhile, wait a bit longer and get exactly what you want, otherwise your gonna end up buying something else later on anyway

dreamersdisease

Patent pending? They made a mistake, that skimmer should have patent infringement written on the side of it! Unless the AquaC patent has expired, but I don't think so.

well if you want quiet then forget the aqua c nano, ive ran it and it works well but very noisy, the aqua c remora is much quieter than the nano. if you want quiet you proabably want to get a tunze but they are $$$$

id recommend you spend your money on something worthwhile, wait a bit longer and get exactly what you want, otherwise your gonna end up buying something else later on anyway

Thank for the reply.

I looked at the tunze I don't mind the price but also don't like the idea of the whole skimmer hanging in my tank.

But I was looking at this one now.

http://www.aquacave.com/octopus-hang-on-ba...-100f-1013.html

I see alot of the larger tank owners use the in-sump models. I also have read some good about them on R.C. other then the pump but I can change that out.

Starr

• 2 weeks later...
Patent pending? They made a mistake, that skimmer should have patent infringement written on the side of it! Unless the AquaC patent has expired, but I don't think so.

do you own one of these skimmers? I have The Skim Jet T-50 and a remora. The Skim Jet is very Quiet and works well and does not spray. [continuous STREAM and the cup is different as well as other elements] The remora works o.k. but has a annoying spraying noise.......... I SEE NO INFRINGEMENT. it is so much quieter than the remora!! check out uspto.gov and look at the patent applications. Find the Skim Jet at uss-aquatics.com

Electrobes

I'd recommend the BH-100F as many, many people seem to favor them. I myself am waiting for mine (It's been a month! :( )

ecrumpler
I'd recommend the BH-100F as many, many people seem to favor them. I myself am waiting for mine (It's been a month! :( )

I think the octo HOT skimmers are the best bang for the buck hanging skimmers. I have the 300f and it is fantastic, for a smaller tank I'm sure the 100 would be just great.

dreamersdisease

Wow, first post for you tomsreef. Welcome to nano-reef. You don't happen to live in San Diego do you?

Wow, first post for you tomsreef. Welcome to nano-reef. You don't happen to live in San Diego do you?

yes I do!! how about yourself. Thanks for the Welcome :)

dreamersdisease

Nope never been, but always wanted to visit! Can you post some pictures of your skimmer? I would like to see how different it is from the Remora. Some close ups of the injector would be cool.

RayWhisperer

I was just wondering why the skimjet has a stainless steel hose clamp for the submerged pump?

Yes, go ahead and look at that first vid posted again. When it pans around to the back, you can see it.

Nope never been, but always wanted to visit! Can you post some pictures of your skimmer? I would like to see how different it is from the Remora. Some close ups of the injector would be cool.

Heres some pictures for you to take a look at. The look of the injector has no bearing on infringement unless it was a design patent and then it would have to look exactly alike to the tee. The difference is what is emitted from the injector, if your just looking at the injector. There are several other differences and elements between the skimmers. Take a close look... I am positive you will find something on the Remora thats not on the Skim Jet. Heres one, the Remora cup has a hole/port penetrating thru the bottom and the Skim Jet has no hole on the bottom of the cup. there's more.. Like, the Skim Jet operation is quieter hands down and provides a stable circulation pattern to keep the bubble in the mixing chamber a little longer. There are other pictures at uss-aquatics.com

Tom

post-36465-1210303748_thumb.jpg

I was just wondering why the skimjet has a stainless steel hose clamp for the submerged pump?

Yes, go ahead and look at that first vid posted again. When it pans around to the back, you can see it.

I replaced that clamp. It was a temporary thing. I have plastic ratchet type clamps to hold the pump on now.

Tom uss-aquatics.com

Matty1124

so your the owner of the company... why do you have the aqua C then? and why havent you come right out and said you own the company... or are the guys who makes them...

so your the owner of the company... why do you have the aqua C then? and why havent you come right out and said you own the company... or are the guys who makes them...

I bought the AquaC Remora HOT several years ago and set it up on my 55t[gal] tank. My wife could not stand the constant hissing sound coming from it so much that she wanted it out of the house. So I contacted AquaC and they told me to put a rag in the injector area.....WHAT!! I don't put a rag in my skimmer unless I am cleaning it. They are aware of the noise this skimmer produces. This hissing sound may be bearable to some.. [after 2 weeks you just get used to it so you might think it's not so loud anymore, but it is still loud nonetheless} So then began the USS-SKIM JET. I just wanted to make a quieter smoother operating skimmer... thats all. My Bak Pak and Remora are in the garage stored away. My Bak Pak needed to much tuning for me so I got the Remora..well you know now what happen after that. So after two misses and $$$ I said I will make my own skimmer. You know what they say "Silence is golden" just imagine your poor fish listening to all that noise 24/7!

Tom, uss-aquatics.com

i have to admit your skimmers do look nice.. and i do like the design... do you make an in tank version? or is it just this one so far

i have to admit your skimmers do look nice.. and i do like the design... do you make an in tank version? or is it just this one so far

Just this one so far... but working on manufacturing a smaller version for nano tanks due to the many requests.

Archived