Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What hang on fuge for 10gal?

ch0ch

I currently have an aquaclear 300 on my ten gal nano as a fuge... since my custom seven gal cracked (dont ask) i had to go out and buy a regular old ten gal.

Dennis_said

The bigger the fuge the better :)

CPR makes a few easy fix ones, or you can find somebody to make you one for cheaper.

My bad! I've seen some 300's used for 10ga fuges. They usually run the 150 impeller. Do a search on it! They're are some pics out there somewhere

why do people change the impeller ... is 300 gph to much flow for a 10 gal? will i have to put a power head in if i change the impeller?

thanx

ch0ch

The flow on the AC 300 is not too much flow for your 10g but is too much for your intended fuge. Most ppl change the impeller to a AC150 impeller to lessen the flow in the fuge itself so that things don't get blown all over the place.

And no...you won't need a powerhead if you change the impeller. On the other hand if you're looking for bigger volume...you could always go with the AC 500 and in that case you would do better with removing the impellers completely and replacing it with a small powerhead....

Archived