Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CPR MRT on Ebay

ibehexed

Cool, I'm glad someone from this board was able to pick this tank up. serjuanca88, I think you got a pretty good deal. Keep us posted as to the progress of the new tank! I wanted it.... but was able to score a 150W Giesemann Nova II pendant early yesterday.... so there went this months tank money. Should look good over the new 20L I'm setting up. SPS here I come!B)

serjuanca88

I want at least $150 to make it cost effective for me.

I know I am going to set up a nano reef. Its either gonna be this or a minibow 7. It depends if anyone wants to buy it.

Sooo... let's see, you buy the tank for $91.25 plus shipping and re-offer it 3 hrs. later for $150 plus. I would say a 139% return for basically no work is pretty good. Why not just keep it?? I like minibows, but this is a pretty cool tank that is no longer being made.

Bud: the CPR is a much nicer tank, and has rounded acrylic edges, and an in-sump skimmer. Heck of a lot easier for more lighting, too.

I'm with Kennerd. That CPR tank is much nicer than the minibow (my opinion). It has the built in sump and skimmer, and with almost twice the volume of the minibow you'll be able to keep you water parameters more stable. Last and most important, it's no longer manufactured so you have a truly unique set-up. Read: KEEP IT;)

serjuanca88

What would you do for lights? I am going to build a custom hood to house the lights in.

I do not want a high light sps tank. I am thinking 4-5wpg. That comes out to 48-60w (main tank is 12g). Would two 32w kits be the best? What about a 70w HID, is there an economical way to do that?

I think the halide in there would generate a bit too much heat, unless you really raise it up to keep from frying the acrylic.

Personally, I'd go with a 96 quad PC or 3x32 PC in that space: very nice amount of light that I had over my 10 gal for years, and isn't too bright, nor too hot.

Archived