Innovative Marine Aquariums

Questions Before I Start

killrblue

I have a few questions before I order my live rock and sand from www.drmaccorals.com.

1. Do you place live rock first then live sand or can it be done the other way around?

2. I have a CPR 18" Aquafuge. Can I start it with the "Cycle" process or do I have to wait? I was thinking about getting a refugium kit from dr mac which has macro algea and a cucumber. I want to decrease shipping charges but I will sacrifice it if those two can't survive the Cycle process.

Thanks

triggerhappy8

I did my sand bed and then placed my rock and it worked fine. I would get the stuff for your refugium but just not have it running with the cycling tank. The refugium will be a valuable asset later as the cycle is ending to drop those final nitrates before you add livestock. Also I don't know about a cucumber in a fuge? Anyone else.

get the sand and the rock and, if you must, the fuge. Only put sand or mud or whatever substrate are you putting in the fuge. I would avoid putting any macro in the fuge until the tank fully cycles.

Stay away from the cuke in th fuge. Stay away from them in general. they die, they melt, they crash the tank.

When you are ready for fuge items, head to inlandaquatics.com for macros and pods and worms and whatnot.

ipsf.com also has some nice fuge items.

Archived