SaltCritters.com

less than 4 weeks to go

katydidit

I've been waiting, not so patiently, for over 4 months now to start my 7g minibow...and the time has almost come. I need yourguys help as this is crunch time for me, lol. I've been going back and forth between a false perc OR a clown goby/pistol combo. I am a sucker for fish with personality, because i really can sit there all day and watch my tank

What do you all think would be the right way to go?

If you were me what would you do, and why?

id go withthe shrimp goby combo...i think they are awsome. they live together and lvoe eachotehr . they ar efun to watch. but the clownfish is a free swimmer so can be very entertaining as well. hell id add both. jsut not at the same time.

westkyracer

I would do both if you have a good skimmer and don't plan to have very many corals. I say this because the shrimp will not add a whole lot to the bio load. Just double up on your crabs.

I'm not using a skimmer, and I dont think I would (or could?) do that to the fish. I also plan on having many, many corals so not a good idea, right? so thats one for each and one for both...eesh.

anyone else?

The goby/pistol are cool but won't be as visible as a false perc would be. The clownfish will be a swimmer at the top of your water column (or thereabouts). The goby/shrimp will find a cave or hideout to lounge around in and while cool, simply won't be as easy to sit and watch for a while.

HTH!

I agree with jd. I have a clown and a yellow watchman goby in my minibow. Whiile the goby is a very cool fish, it is also very shy and spends alot of it's time hiding. The clown is always visible and active in the tank.

cajastan...

how does the clown and goby to together? (I'm assuming you have the 7g). I know that the goby is shy, but I am intrigued by the fact that they have such a close relationship with the shrimp (kind of like the clown/anemone, but I'm not going there now in my tank...). How long has your tank been running, and do you use a skimmer?

Archived