Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Oceanic Skimmer

foles47

Today I purchased Oceanic's protein skimmer for my bc29. I'm aware of all the bad reviews on it and I'm not planning on keeping it for very long, just for about a month and 1/2 until Sapphire releases their new bc29 skimmer. Now I'm still fairly new to reef tanks and this was my first time setting up a skimmer. I followed the directions and removed the carbon filter so I could place the skimmer in the 1st compartment. But I wasn't too sure if its hooked over the top lip of the divider or the into the lower slot. Putting it in the lower slot made me have to place the lid sticking backwards where the suction cups should be and not towards the front like how they show it in the directions. Not that it should make much of a difference as long as its on? Anyways the bubbles from a skimmer should reach right up to the opening of the lid right?

no they should only be a bit over the cup line or where the cup meets the body so to speak. there are several threads on here about it even w pics

I guess they haven't. A few weeks ago I reserved one of their new bc29 models on Nanotuners. Its supposed to be released at the end of May.

Archived