Pod Your Reef

skimmer help

Brandon's Reef

Brandon's Reef

Ive had a 24 gallon aquapod with open top and halide before, I use to run a super soaker 65 on it and it would always flood my room. does any body have any input on the tunze nano skimmer 9002 how does it compare? would I be better to keep the super soaker and just run an autotop off to make it more reliable? it pulls out some pretty nasty stuff but its very unreliable as far as flooding is concerned any help would be appreciated?

Ive had a 24 gallon aquapod with open top and halide before, I use to run a super soaker 65 on it and it would always flood my room. does any body have any input on the tunze nano skimmer 9002 how does it compare? would I be better to keep the super soaker and just run an autotop off to make it more reliable? it pulls out some pretty nasty stuff but its very unreliable as far as flooding is concerned any help would be appreciated?

"Super soaker", I like that.. Anyway, If I were you I would keep the super soaker and get an ATO. If you keep the water level consistant then super soakers can actually be pretty good little skimmers.

Brandon's Reef

No doubt in my mind that its a great skimmer just seeing if the tunze would be better Ive read alot about them and just asking if its worth it. Im a deltec guy I have the ap600 on my 54 corner and its great just not worth the money for the hang on back if you ask me

I have no experience with the Tunze, but if it's anything like the rest of their products then I'm sure it's great. I would still run the super soaker w/ an ATO though. You should run an ATO regardless of which skimmer you decide on. Fluctuations occur rapidly in nanos, an ATO will play a big part in keeping it stable.

United_Poseidon

Tunze as well as Eheim are made in China now and are not worth the price. Get a remora and you will not be sorry. Peace

Brandon's Reef

Im going to have to completely disagree with you on that one poseidon Ive had an AquaC remora and it wasnt worth the light brown water it produced, the noise was awful it was large and clunky and never pulled one bit out, I had one on my twenty gallon, didnt work so put it on my 75 again no go, finally moved it to my 24 and again the only thing it made well was microbubbles, i replaced the pump, yadayadayada you know the story nothing ever seemed to work on it so I switched to the cheaper super soaker and it just blasted it out of the water. ended up just throughing the dang thing in the trash

Archived