SaltCritters.com

Week Old 5.5 lots of brown algee.

HawaiianNano

HawaiianNano

Aloha,

I'm from Hawaii and just started my 5.5 gal Nano. Its a week old and just got through its cycle! Wow That was fast! Is the brown Algee thats growing fast something that i should realy worry about? I just added 4 turbo snails and 4 pink leg hermit crabs. and just did a 1 gal water change.

What are some corals thats good for beginners like me that are easy to care for. Also it kind of suck being in Hawaii because no LFS sells live rocks or corals Iwish I knew why. So every thing has to be shipped over or got to go take a dive one day and check out the ocean for some coral. Well where is a good place to order from.

Here is me website click here

is it a rusty brown color? Kinda of a carpety looking algea? It may be cyano, which alot of tanks get when cycling. The easiest way to rid your tank of it is by using Red Slime Removier....in my opinion. And it looks like you may have gotten a couple small Zoanthids on your rock, congrats! For starters, good corals are: green star polyps, mushrooms/ricordea , zoanthids, and xenia. Welcome to the 5.5 Club!

ELGORDOINAVW

dude first off i would wait a little longer before i add anything.

also, i would not collect anything from the reef as it would seem irresponsible because it seems that we all want to protect the reefs, also tank raised specimens seem to do better in our l"ittle pieces of the ocean" i understand that it's right there for free but if you are going to collect some be as careful to disrupt much, and be careful that you not introduce anything you may not want in your tank. tank looks to be off to a good start, i see you have some polyps on your rock.

Archived