Top Shelf Aquatics

New 4G Pico

karlo

With the frequent water changes i never had a problem, my 1.5 pico had been running for about 9 months full of corals and the YCG and never had a problem.

airman_verde04

unbelievable tank man! you could sell those things! went to your photobucket page, nice norco, i have a 06' sixtwo, I love that thing, I built up a Dirt jumper way back when from a nashbar signature frame.. I love that old red bike.

unbelievable tank man! you could sell those things! went to your photobucket page, nice norco, i have a 06' sixtwo, I love that thing, I built up a Dirt jumper way back when from a nashbar signature frame.. I love that old red bike.

Thanks, and the Norco is one of 3 bikes I have that one is just there because i'm selling it.

--------

Here is the cost again for the setup but can be more or less i just got lucky with a few items such as the ballast and light with a cheaper price.

Mixing Bowl - $10

Bed, Bath and Beyond :lol:

3.5 Qt Stainless Steel so no rusting

500w light from Home Depot used for: - $15

reflector

bulb sockets

wire

Bulb (got lucky here)

Ushio 14K

eBay -$15

pole

Copper tube from Home Depot $10

1/2"x5' in the plumbing department

Ballast $25 (saved a few dollars here as well)

from a friend but it's about $38 shipped from Ballastwise.com

Epoxy $5

from HD - Metal Epoxy

Total $80

• 1 month later...

Woah woah woah - how did I miss this thread? Your pico is unbelievable! VERY beautiful. All those zoanthid colonies make me drool ...

Is that glass or acrylic?

well..the clown will overgrow the 4g...

but thats a cool idea for a pendant....looks like ones from the solona tanks! lol...mixing bowl...who would of knew..lol

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Incredible tank, good job. Are you using a sump or refugium? I'd be really interested in seeing a picture of the rest of your setup.

Tagging along...

• 1 month later...

Archived