Black Saddleback VS. Black Ocellaris

Dennis_said

Dennis_said

Which should I go for for my 15g?

The pair of black saddlebacks would cost me 30-35

The pair of black ocellaris would cost me 50-60

Which would you guys go for?

deacon hemp

i have the saddleback pair and they're great,i guess it depends on whether or not u want the rarer fish.they also dive into a host really fast!,where as ocellaris prolly wont at all!

Im with deacon, go with the saddlebacks. I like their personality better and for some reason I hate the way oscellaris swim. Plus saddlebacks have bright yellow faces and pectoral fins.

ucsd reefer

If you want mated clowns, I suggest you stop by your local Petco. My brother recently picked up a pair of mated saddlebacks. It seems like no one seemed to like them, so they've been sitting there for 8-9 months. So obviously they were paired up pretty well. On the first night of feeding the male (smaller one) rushed to tell the female that there was food b4 digging into the brine himself. Also, it the male stands guard outside of their cave. Overall, I gotta say they're awesome. HTH

-Mike

As much as I love the black occelaris, I would have to say, hands down, go with the saddlebacks. They are much more rare, and if I had the space in my 7g minibow, I would get a saddleback over the false. JMO.

I like the saddlebacks, but I voted for the Ocellaris because they stay smaller. I'm pretty sure the saddlebacks would get too large for a 15.

Archived