SaltCritters.com

Finding a Coral specie?

Nanu Nanu

Does anyone know of a website that has pictures and the detail descriptions of different types of coral species? I bought a coral not knowing what I got my self into. I bought it just because it looked good and now I want to know more about it. I' m a rookie in saltwater as you can tell. Thanks........... sorry I have no picture to show on what specie of coral I got, but I know it cost me $30 for it.

westkyracer

You could tell us a description of it and we might be able to send you in the right direction. Does it have a skeleton is a good place to start. Color. Texture and so on.

Here is a start for ya!!!

Its skelleton is white and it looks like it has lots of flowers growing out of it, and the flowers are a reddish pink. I think half of the name it is a Gardinia of some sort of coral, thats what the LFS had said. I totally forgot the name. I did some research on this particular coral, and the closses thing I could get to it was a Colt Coral. But I want to know the true name of this coral, and learn how to take care of it. The Rookie that I am, I hope I dont kill this poor guy. Espicially the fact that he cost me $30.

Archived