Cultivated Reef

Brand new 20L

Chupacabras

Chupacabras

Here's my newly set up 20L... haven't even painted the back of it yet. Any aquascaping ideas?

EDIT: Believe it or not, that's 30lbs of live rock and 40lbs of Oolite.

Chupacabras

The HOB is just an old leftover penguin 170 so I may just end up slathering on some Vaseline and a colored background... the HOB will do nothing but help in the end :).

I was checking out the 20L's at the fish store today. I think that they are the perfect nano tank. The reason being is that the shallowness and length allow for maximum light and light/coral intensity penetration. I want to upgrade my tank soon. I think that this is what I'll use.

Chupacabras
Originally posted by Acoustic

[b}the shallowness and length allow for maximum light and light/coral intensity penetration.[/b]

Exactly what I was thinking! Figure a tank that is around 12" high can use the same amount of light that a 10 gallon would use, plus you'd have a couple of dimmer spots for lower light corals... not to mention the great surface area of the tank for O2 exchange. The whole perspective of the thing makes it look larger than my 29 gallon freshwater, even though they have the same footprint. Great tank size at a great price!

Archived