ReefCleaners.org

Acclimating Clown Gobies

ucsd reefer

ucsd reefer

Just picked up two from the LFS two days ago. I picked up a citron clown goby and a black clown goby. They've been hiding most of the time behind my LR. I've been reading online that most of the time they are malnourished and it may be extremely difficult to get them to feed. So I've been trying to get them to eat since day 1.

First night:

Pulled out some frozen formula 1 that I had in the fridge, broke off a pinch and put it in the tank. Sadly, they didn't pick up even a morsel. The citron goby let a piece of food float into his face.

Second night:

A little bit more worried, I went to pick up some live brine. Fed it to the gobies via a turkey baster. The black one ate only 2 shrimps..the citron...none =

Any suggestions guys?

well i've had simillar porblems before. new fish just won't eat. well two things usually work. first let them get hungry.... sometimes fish go for several days even a week or more depending on the fish, with out eating. a little fasting won't hurt. two if they still won't eat after a few days then try exposing them to a simillar fish that does eat. this inspires the competition gene which will help convince the little buggers to eat. if you black clown goby is starting to eat then that super. hopefully the citron will soon follow suit.

Archived