SaltCritters.com

CSL vs. CL lights

johnsmb

I am sooooo close to ordering my lights - but still am wavering between these two. Does anyone have any experience/opinions with either.

It is for a 25 gallon tank (24 inches).

I can get the Coralife Aqualight for about $130 and the CSL light (with built in moonlights) for $145. Both have 2X65 bulbs and both are fan cooled.

What is the advantage to having moon lights? Are they left on all night long or just when you are viewing the tank? Does this unit have 3 cords then?

Is one brand more recommended than the other? If not, I think I will go with the CSL with the built in moonlights - it looks cool!

Hi, I would personally recomend the one with the moonlights. I recently put moonlights on my 75 and I love them. Moonlights set more of a natural feel for the corals and actually encourages some corals to spawn. Well that would be my personal opinion.

horsehunter

I have the Coralife 24 inch unit 2x65 w PC and it is ok but I don't like the fact that the cords come out the end rather than the back. I my case it dosen't matter because my tank is in a corner but had I known this before I bought it I may have bought somthing else.

Frank

Thanks for all the responses. That is a good point about where the cords come from. From the picture, I cannot tell where they come from on the CSL model.....

• 1 month later...

Archived