SaltCritters.com

Anyone Using Hold Fast Coral Epoxy?

NanoBound

Tomarrow I will be aguascaping some base rock as well as live rock together. I was wondering if anyone else has used the Epoxy that comes in the stick form. You know, the kind you cut a piece off of the stick, kneed it for a minute then stick it to the surface of whats being applied together. If so, what are your comments about it. Does it hold really well, or am I going to be watching everything come down crashing on me one day?

Take into account that I am going to be using some golfball size and bigger pieces to build an arch.

ive never really had luck with it....ive heard of many others using it with great results. ive mainly tried to attach frags and that sort of thing underwater though. i think it would work much better if you had it out of water for a bit.

I plan to use it on dry base rock to design a neat arch effect to the design I am making. With the rock being dry it will be alot easier to manipulate into any position. Plus I can chip it away in spots for a better fit. I'll try it and test its stability under water,and let everyone know how well it works in a few weeks.

I've used the epoxy you are talking about to hold rocks together. It really works well, although it does take 24 hours to cure underwater. Works good on coral frags too.

Thanks for letting me know. I will be trying it out today. Let you know how is goes! Thanks for the sand!!!!!!

Archived