Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Any Live Rock mail order company is reliable?

Siejuban

I am still doing researching to set up my nano-reef, for the lighting I may pay more for the CSL complete hood 2x32 watt, for the LS and LR, I can't find any selling in NY's fish store yet, so I am planning to buy it online, any site is recommended?

I was very pleased with Gulf View. If you do a search you will find a number of people who have also been pleased with them, as well as liverocks.com (Triton Marine) and Tampa Bay Saltwater for aquacultured rock. liverocks.com is having a pretty good sale.

For wild rock, I know that some people have recommended Jeff's Exotic Fish and Palmetto Reefs, among others. Also, one of Nano-Reef.com's sponsors, Seacrop, specializes in ethically harvested marine livestock and rock, and they're selling off a bunch of their system's base rock for really cheap right now.

This question gets asked a lot and if you do a search you'll probably come up with many recommendations and testimonials. The only online vendor I've heard anything bad about is Aquacon, but I don't know anything first hand about them one way or the other.

I'm going to Triton Marine (liverocks.com) this weekend to get my LS/LR. Should have pics up after this weekend. They're selling the Keys aquacultured rock for 2.99 a pound (plus shipping if you can't pick it up).

Originally posted by JohnnyMTB

I'm going to Triton Marine (liverocks.com) this weekend to get my LS/LR.  Should have pics up after this weekend.

Please post them! I am eager to see what their Keys rock looks like! :)

I've ordered from GulfView many times and the quality and shipping is top notch IMO. The rock is excellent and full of life. The pics on his page really do look like what you get.....

Cameron

Archived